Fun Fact Friday 2: Fashion
I am so excited about our trip this weekend! We havent packed or anything yet so we have decide to leave early tomorrow morning instead of tonight after work since the plan was to be ready. I think I am okay with that to be honest. I hate feeling rushed.
It is possible that I didnt pack because I had to run some errands last night, and one of those errands included shopping. Oops. I was just in the mood to buy something new for my closet, every once in a while I just feel my current clothes need new friends to keep them company and spice it up in there. 😉
I got a few cute shirts, including an adorable sequin tank top (whenever I say that, it sounds so 80’s – but dont worry, its not completely covered in sequins… yikes) that I figured I could wear out this weekend in FL. I got excited about it this morning and wore it to work though.
Okay you can’t see the cute-ness in the picture because of the sun, but trust me, its fun. Though I felt overly dressy in Starbucks this morning – like I was going clubbin’… at 8:30am.
So, in spirits of my shopping yesterday the FUN facts today are fashion related!
I found some interesting stuff…most of which I did not know.
- Vintage vs Retro: An item of clothing is considered vintage if it dates back from 1920 to 1960. Anything after this date is considered retro.
- Natural pearls melt in vinegar (it has to do with them being composed of calcium carbonate which is soluble in acid).
The plastic bits on the ends of shoelaces are called “aglets”
- The Average American woman owns 30 pairs of shoes. (and 23% of American women get a pedicure almost every month)
- The sports bra wasn’t developed until 1977. It consisted of 2 jockstraps sewn together and was originally dubbed the “Jockbra” but later when officially released was named the “Jogbra”
- Thong underwear was introduced in 1939 as a way for exotic dancers to “cover up” at the request of New York City mayor Fiorello LaGuardia.
Alright, that’s all I got for ya today! Everyone have a great weekend and I will keep you updated on our road trip fun!
Were any of those fashion facts news to you?
What do you think of sequins? Goddy or fun? (dont worry, I wont be offended, haha)