Cinnamon Roll Cookies & New Kicks
I cannot believe it is 4:30 already. This day has flown by, and I havent even done anything – well nothing entirely productive I mean.
Last night Torrance was exhausted from school and traveling so I think he was somewhat relieved to hear that I too was more than content with sitting around at home. And it was marvelous.
I slept in until 9 and slowly but surely got out of bed and made some coffee and breakfast.
Kona obviously wanted me to get off my ass and bring her outside. After I chugged that coffee down she got her wish, and I must say – it was quite chilly this morning with a little extra wind out there! But luckily it was nothing some more coffee and delicious breakfast couldnt fix.
After veggin’ out for a bit, I decided it was time to restock the kitchen since
the ravenous food monger Torrance is back. Unlike my usual leisurely grocery trips, I rushed through it and headed over to Rugged Wearhouse (love this store!) because I wanted to look at jackets. I really want a new pea coat, and they always have nice ones for super low prices (New York & Co $120 jacket marked down to $50? yes please…)
Unfortunately there wasnt much that stood out to me besides one white jacket that I absolutely loved. But, let’s be serious, this is me – and me wearing a white pea coat is not practical, but rather a disaster waiting to happen.
I did, however, score even better in my opinion. Remember a month ago (or longer probably) when I was talking about needing new running shoes? I happened to find a pair there that I liked and were in my size, which never happens. Though I have been considering getting a pair of cross trainers (which I probably still will) since that would make the most sense for my class, these are the most absolutely comfortable feeling shoes I have had in a while.
I usually tend to get New Balance or Asics rather than Nikes, but these feel great, and for $38 on sale, I couldnt go wrong. I cant wait to try them out and will probably go on a little run tonight/in the morning to give them a whirl. What is better motivation for a workout than new kicks?
After I unloaded all the goods (with help from Torrance, thankfully) I went right to work on trying out a new recipe I have had my eye on. I
‘m off to catch up on some TV (and laundry…maybe….) and cook and early dinner! I will leave you with this recipe for Cinnamon Roll Cookies.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Yield: 18 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 8 minutes
- 1 pouch of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, plus another 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl combine contents of cookie mix pouch and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Stir in butter and egg using large spoon or kneading with hands. Will form soft dough that is slightly sticky.
- On a small plate, arrange other 2 tablespoon of cinnamon in a small pile (picture below)
- Pinch off a 2 inch chunk of dough and roll into a 5 inch long rope. Gently press one side of dough rope into cinnamon. Coil dough rope tightly, cinnamon side facing center, into a cinnamon roll shape and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough keeping coils about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, edges will be lightly browned. Let cookies cool on sheet for 1 minutes before transferring to wire rack or flat, clean surface to cool.
- For glaze, in small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over completely cooled cookies.
These are so good and so simple to make so if you have a chance to make them, I highly recommend giving them a try!
- Do you have a favorite brand of running shoes? If so, what is it?
- Do you like cinnamon rolls?