A Quick Weekend Rundown
I hope everyone had a good weekend!
I know it was quiet around here (on the blog) as I took a little break from it. And quite honestly, there wasnt a lot to share this weekend and my lack of picture taking was a little sad. Here is a quick rundown of how my weekend went:
- Went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Saturday morning because we had no breakfast food at home. I used my super strength self control to not order the delicious apple strudel french toast.
- We spent most of Saturday at Torrance’s uncles where he worked on his tool truck and also did some much-needed maintenance on our truck and replaced a part that was about to fall apart and cause a serious disaster.
- We ate hibachi take out Saturday night.
- We caught up on all the movies I have been wanting to see lately. Dont worry, we watched them throughout the weekend, not all in one sitting. Im not sure which of the 3 were my favorite but I can tell you that there were parts in each one that made me laugh hysterically.
- I went and exchanged the stupid picture that fell off the wall and figured out a good way to mount it. We also looked around at some other house stuff but didnt actually get anything (yet).
- I spent a lot of yesterday being lazy, and I went grocery shopping and bought a spaghetti squash to try because I have never had it.
- I found a recipe that was horrilbe but turned it into a delicious masterpiece (kidding!…kinda).
- I snuggled with brown dog. A lot.
I’m looking forward to the upcoming few weeks as I feel like I will finally be finishing up our apartment, and can also get some Christmas shopping done (I am usually al ast minute-er… like December 10th shopper), as well as Torrance’s mom is coming up from FL to visit for almost 2 weeks for Thanksgiving! And I am really excited to eat turkey duh!
But, backing up a bit, as usual on Monday I am excited to get back to fitness class tonight, I always miss it over the weekend! But, the good news is that since he has more people joining the program he may soon be doing a Saturday class. I would absolutely love that! I also need to get no the wagon for getting in a good run on the weekend, I just havent had a lot of motivation to do that lately I suppose, excuses excuses.
Okay, and of course I baked this weekend.
Have you ever found a bad recipe? I dont mean the kind that sounds good and then you make it and it didnt really fit your taste. I mean the kind of recipe that is poorly written and has bad directions and possibly the wrong amount of ingredients? Well I have, and that happened this weekend.
I had some over ripe bananas that I wanted to use up. I wasn’t feeling the usual banana bread because it doesnt seem like it ever gets eaten. I instead, decided to do banana chocolate chip muffins (because if I add chocolate to anything Torrance will eat it). I found a recipe on a blog (one that I dont typically read) and it sounded good and easy enough. As I started… I realized that she had the steps all weird and if I would have done it her way, the batter would have been chunky, not blended right, and I would have had a big mess.
I will share it tomorrow, but it ended up turning out to be a good “base” for a recipe I made my own and I ended up with little mini super moist, banana bread-like, chocolate chip pieces of heaven in the convenience of muffin form.
Have a good day!
- Have you ever followed a recipe that just didnt seem right?
- Have you seen any good movies you loved lately?