Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting & Xmas Decor
Look at this delicious breakfast… what is it missing?
My bananas were still too green, oh well it was still fabulous, especially with the
gallon cup of coffee I had with it.
Last night I got a lot done including grocery shopping and some miscellaneous house stuff and a little more Christmas decorating! I still have doors to wrap like presents, and ornaments to hang in the window once I get some more lights for the window. And we decided to just get a tree this coming weekend.
Festive! And Kona’s stocking says “Santa I have been a good dog” which I am sure she appreciates me putting in a good word for her, ya know since she cant read and write to let him know for herself.
I have a busy day at work today and some miscellaneous afternoon errands (my fav….) and time to get back to group training tonight and work off some of this weekend eating!
As promised, here is the recipe for the pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting that I made for Thanksgiving!
With Torr’s family coming to town, the only time I really had to bake it was Thursday morning, so yes I woke up crazy early Thanksgiving morning to bake it (luckily it is quick!).
I thought I was all ready and prepared but when I went in the fridge to get out ingredients, I only had 3 eggs instead of the 4 the recipe called for. So I had to do math early in the morning and somehow it turned out right (kidding, it was easy…kinda).
This is seriously the most moist cake ever and is so festive!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield: 16 large bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nutmeg (to sprinkle on top for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 13×9 baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin and blend until fluffy.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend on a low speed until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in baking pan and bake for 30 mins.
- Once completely cooled, cut into bars. Serve on a platter with a dollop of frosting and sprinkle of nutmeg.
- For frosting: In a medium bowl, combine softened butter and cream cheese with mixer until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
Personally, I think it is served best chilled!
- What is your favorite holiday dessert?
- If you decorate for Christmas, what is your theme/color scheme?
The last few years I have done blue and silver and a snowflake/wintry theme but since I sold all our Christmas stuff before we left Alaska, I decided I wanted to do lots of red this time around!