It is true, I woke up feeling like death. Well actually, I woke up every hour or so last night, even with meds. It was bound to happen at some point, I have gone quite a while without being sick!
I sluggishly made it through the workday yesterday…and yep, I snacked on some more gingerbread cookies.
If you cannot tell from my sub-par drawing skills, that is obviously me and Torrance.
Once I made it home, I I still managed to make dinner last night. For some reason I really felt like some stir-fry and just happened to have some rice noodles that I picked up last week for something different.
I cooked up a little chicken in some soy sauce, and also used a frozen vegetable mix I had that included water chestnuts, carrots, broccoli, and lima beans and I added some sautted mushrooms. The issue I always have with my stir fry(s) is the sauce. For this one I didnt go in with a plan, and sadly did not have a lot in the pantry to work with so I just used a little soy sauce, brown sugar and minced garlic. It was good but nearly “saucy” enough, but it still hit the spot.
I will have to experiment a little though.
Inspired by Brittany over at Itty Bits of Balance, (“inspired by” sounds so much better than “hijacking her ideas”) I have decided to do a little recap at the end of each month that includes a roundup of some of my favorite posts from the past month.
To kick things off, why not start now with November? 🙂
- I showed you guys how I keep things classy by drinking wine with my breakfast.
- In November, I started “Random Fridays.” Random Friday #1, #2, and #3 (#4 was yesterday).
- I pulled a muscle running in heels…. from a deer.
- I learned that I will never again take sleep meds because they made me a ravenous hungry beast.
- I finally tried spaghetti squash (and it was fantastic!)
- I learned that my natural wake-up time is between 8:00 and 8:30am.
- I almost tricked Torrance into going to see Breaking Dawn with me.
- The blog became unofficially official.
- I reminisced about my great childhood Thanksgiving memories.
- Had an awesome Thanksgiving with Torr’s mom and gma who came to visit from FL, and we gave his mom a Kindle Fire for an early Xmas gift.
- I shared an awesome recipe for pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.
Torrance is out riding (his dirt bike) today so I went and picked up a few last things so we can get our Christmas tree tomorrow (a tree stand and some more lights for it!) and did a little cleaning. My burst of energy is gone so I’m going to plant myself on the couch, drink lots of fluids, and rest!
Have a fabulous Saturday.
- Help me out a little, what do you use/do for your stir fry “sauce?”
- What was your favorite thing about November?
Mine was obviously Thanksgiving!