Creamy Pesto & Goals
Yay it’s Thursday already! Feels like a short week since I havent worked a lot 🙂
I am still not feeling 100% but so close. I actually slept really good last night though, which was refreshing.
And I did make a yummy dinner last night. Remember my quick chicken pasta? It is similar to that, only this time I used some shrimp and chicken (as sautteed peas, mushrooms, and broccoli).
I also used a powdered pesto sauce mix that I keep on hand to use from time to time (i.e. when I am lazy) that I really like. With the pesto in the mix, the pasta turned out to be very green looking.
I tore off the top already but it is Knorr brand and can be found by all the seasoning packets like McCormicks, gravies, etc.
It calls for 1 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of olive oil. I used 3/4 cup of nonfat milk for mine which worked perfectly.
So, it is almost New Years resolution time!
Yes, I am one of those people, I truly feel like the beginning of the year does mark a fantastic “clean slate” and is the perfect time to set new goals. This year (2011) has been full of craziness and changes – half of it was spent moving and the other half has been spent settling into a “new life” so I feel like this coming new year is really going to mark a very new year (if that makes sense?)
I decided to get a little head start on thinking about what kind of specific overall goals I want to work on, and since I like lists… I put together a preliminary list.
- Drink 120 ounces of water per day. I have been drinking about 90 now and would like to bump it back up. I was doing so well for a while and felt the difference.
- Clean up my eating. I really want to focus on eating less processed stuff and incorporate a lot more whole foods in. I feel like I eat decently now, but know I could do better and I go through spurts.
- Workout 4x minimum per week. This one should be easy as I usually hit this but I feel like unless it is really on my mind I tend to only get 3 workouts in.
- Put at least 20% away monthly for savings. Non-health related I know, but we spent a chunk of savings on the move this year, so we really need to start putting away again!
- Do you use any prepackaged sauces or do you always make your own?
- Do you make new years resolutions or do you think they are lame?
- Any specific health goals you are working toward currently or are gearing up to crack down on?