Return of Egg n’ Jelly & Banana Granola Cookies
This morning I decided to whip up an egg n jelly sandwich. It has been too long friend.
I had the craziest busy day at work ever yesterday, I somehow still managed to get a short break for lunch at which point I was starving.
Since I was lacking groceries, I ended up just heading to Subway, which is right next to my office (luckily! I could eat Subway everyday).
6 inch toasted turkey with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and spinach on flatbread. Hit the spot!
After work I headed straight to the grocery store to stock up.
Check out these really fun cupcakes up picked up out of the bakery counter with all the specialty baked goods.
Smores for Torrance, and apple for me!
They both had a buttercream frosting, his was definitely mixed with marshmallow as well, and of course chocolate cake.
Mine also had a buttercream and cinnamon frosting and even had a little bit of apple filling on top of the frosting. And the cake part was almost like an angel food cake. It was so good! I may have to try to recreate it. Mine got a little smooshed on the car ride home.
I also was able to get most of the other stuff on my to do list done (i.e. clean my disasterous kitchen) and squeeze in some dinner, Torrance had mostly snacked so that meant I had free range for my own dinner…
Eggs it was!
As I was putting groceries away, I realized I had a few over-ripe bananas hanging out. It was a sign that I needed to bake something. I didnt feel like baking banana bread, (not even Banana Nutella Marble Bread). I looked around at a few other banana recipes and ended up finding an idea for cookies.
This is actually a mix of about 3 recipes I found online…hope you enjoy, they are nice and most and spongy, almost like banana bread. And I feel somewhat healthy since I used granola and bananas (right?) I did add chocolate chips…. mostly for the fact that at least this way Torrance and my coworkers would eat them up. If I made them again for my own pleasure, I think I would choose raisins.
Banana Granola Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 11 minutes
Yield: About 18-20 cookies
- 1/4 cup butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 and a half large mashed bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup granola
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (or any other add-ins you like!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook 1-2 minutes whisking often until butter foams.
- In small bowl, mash banana and stir in cinnamon. Add sugar and banana mix to foamy butter and whisk until well combined and let cook another minute.
- Pour banana-butter mixture into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix in egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Beat in flour and granola and then stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool.
I am excited I will actually be able to make it back to training tonight and get back in the swing of things, I also am yet to start my second week of Couch to 5k!
- What was/or what will be your work out today?
- If you have bananas that go bad (over-ripe) do you try to bake something or just toss them?
I try to bake with them if I’m in the mood. I eat a lot of bananas so I dont typically have many that go bad!