My “11 Things”
I have been tagged by a few lovely ladies to share my ’11 things’ that has been floating around the blogosphere. In all fun of learning about fellow bloggers I of course have to participate! I was most recently tagged by the marvelous Kristen.
Here are the Rules:
#1: You must post these rules.
#2: Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me
1. I could probably survive on just bread, cheese, bananas, and tomatoes. Is that weird?
2. I am very awkward with babies. I have never really been around them so I dont like holding them and I have never changed a diaper in my life. I am better with kids that are a little older and can talk. Also, I hate when people ask me when Im having kids and if I tell them that Im not sure I will have any they get offended and expect a really good explanation from me, I mean when they tell me they have a kid or cant wait to have a baby I dont get offended or ask them a million questions…everyone is just different, duh!
3. I would rather shop online than at a mall/store. Even though it is fun sometimes and I have to try certain things on (pants and uh.. bras usually), I get really burnt out on the mall/stores and digging through clothes after about an hour. Online is just so organized you choose size, color, and BAM! Though my trip to the outlets in Myrtle Beach was a good time filled with lots of deals!
4. I feel really guilty and cant fully relax if I know I have stuff to do around the house (specifically, cleaning). I think this partly comes from lack of spare time, I feel obligated to use my spare time to get things done that I sometimes neglect. Thus… vacuuming at 7 in the morning…
5. I have really horrible eyes and cant see far away. It started out as not being able to see the board/front of the class (I always at in back cuz I liked to talk) so in 9th grade I went in and got glasses. I hated them and never wore them except while driving at night. 2 years ago I started squinting at the TV and everyone told me my eyes were obviously very bad so I went in and got contacts to try them out. It wore them for about 3 weeks straight and finally got used to them (I have a horrible time taking them out) and then scratched my eye really bad and was advised not to wear them for a few weeks until my eye was better. I havent put them in since. Anyway, I desperately need to start wearing them again. It’s getting really bad.
6. I spend way too much money grocery shopping for 2 people. It is bad. I need to work on this.
7. I very rarely feel uncomfortable in social situations. I’m naturally a very outgoing person. I think because of this I hate when other people feel uncomfortable in social situations and I do everything I can to try to make them feel comfortable… (i.e. talk to them and include them in a convo) sometimes this makes it worse if they are naturally timid… and I have now realized that some people are just destined to be socially awkward, and that is ok. But I feel they should wear a shirt that tells me this at all times so that I dont force them to talk to me.
8. I’ve lived on my own since right after I turned 18. I signed the lease for my first apartment a week before I graduated high school.
9. I am wildly and completely irrationally afraid of getting my blood pressure taken. I typically get really woozy when the time comes and have actually fainted. Yes the arm pump, simple blood pressure test. I usually warn them that I am afraid so they use the manual type rather than the electric kind. Torrance always jokes when I being a pain or driving him crazy “dont make me take you to the pharmacy and take your blood pressure!”
10. I have mentioned this 1034908423 times already, but I wish I was more organized. You would think I am with some of the traits I have (I clean my house a lot and I hate HATE clutter) but in reality I cant find things I need when I need them and certain things are in desperate need of organization (uh… my truck)
11. I used to hate dancing because I am 100% horrible at it because I have no rhythm and Im sure I look like an idiot, but then I decided it is 100% fun so now I do it anyway because I decided I dont care and people maybe arent paying attention anyway.
Okay, Im not Carlton from Fresh Prince bad at least.
Questions from Kristen
1. What is your favorite dessert?
CAKE. I love it. Almost any kind (especially ice cream cake!)
2. Who do you most admire?
That is a tough one…..in my personal life a lot, but someone I actually do admire overall is Jennifer Aniston. I think she is just an awesome person. She has been through a lot but she seems so strong, well rounded (and has a rockin bod!)
3. Would you rather: bungee jump or sky dive?
I probably wont do either because I am a wuss, but I would choose sky dive hands down. Bungee jumping seems a little scarier to me being connected to something that could just break or bounce you back up and run into something!
4. If you were on death row (pleasant topic, right?), what would be your last meal?
OH man… that is tough. A giant plate of cheesy pasta with tons of veggies and chicken and shrimp and everything delicious….wine, and Im not gonna lie – maybe a whole cake.
5. Dogs or cats?
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Oh good one. For now, moving across the country and successfully re-establishing from the ground up. There are a lot of people that move away from “home” and have a really rocky new beginning and end up going back. I dont feel like that will be the case and I feel like things are a lot more smooth here for us. I like the feeling or normalcy.
7. Favorite guilty pleasure television show?
Kardashians. I love all the Kardashian shows (yes all 50 of them) dont judge me.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I am not easily embarrassed (luckily.. or else I would have serious issues because I do dumb stuff all the time). Honestly the truly “embarassing” moment that sticks out in my head is when I hit that guys car last month. Ugh.
9. What food do you love, but you’re scared to prepare yourself?
Clams. I love steamed clams but stuff like that scares me to make by myself.
10. What is your biggest fear?
Well along with #9 in the above 11 questions in regards to my blood pressure, I am terrified of bees. I’m not allergic to them or anything they just completely terrify me. And I also hate HATE my armpits being touched. That is more of a weird trait than a fear I guess. Ha!
11. Name the movie or TV show that makes you laugh the most!
Ones that actually make me laugh out loud – Impractical Jokers (hahaha the things they do…) and The Big Bang Theory
I’m tagging …
Lauren @ Chocolate Cheese & Wine
Lindsay @ Happy or Hungry
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, & Food
…And my questions for them are:
1. If calories, health, food allergies, or any of that fun stuff wasnt a factor, what is a food you would indulge in all the time?
2. What is something that motivates you to live a healthy lifestyle?
3. What do you order at Starbucks?
4. Celebrity you would love to have lunch with?
5. What’s your dream job?
6. Tell me a weird habit or personality trait you have.
7. What is a semi-embarassing song/artist that we would find on your iPod?
8. Favorite alcoholic drink?
9. Are you more of a morning or night person?
10. What is a dish/food you love but are scared to attempt cooking on your own?
11. Where were you born?
Have a fabulous day!
- Tell me a random fact about yourself.
- What’s your dream job?
I know where I would want to work but not what kind of position, haha. I would LOVE to work for a big magazine company like Cosmo or one of those because I think it would be amazing!