An Impromptu Playlist & January Recap
Let me tell you, last night I got to test out my new shoes at training and I love them. I will do a good review of them sometime next week (and after I get to use them a few more times too!) for those of you who are interested.
And training last night (by the way) was super good! We did some good upper body and core stuff, including rows using the TRX straps…
…and also 2 different variations of planks (and of course about 8 other moves as well!)
I felt like I pushed myself extra hard last night, I am thinking it most likely has something to do with the fact that I ate so much cake the day before – extra motivation!
And also, our trainers iPod was dead so I was put on the spot to put a quick playlist together on mine which happens frequently.
It was quite the interesting mix as I always struggle with the diverse group we have! Here is what it included:
- Love You Like A Lovesong (Salena Gomez)
- Bleed It Out (Linkin Park)
- I Don’t Care (Fall Out Boy)
- Bad Company (Five Finger Death Punch)
- Given Up (Linkin Park)
- Temperature (Sean Paul)
- Impacto (Daddy Yankee)
- I Like To Move It (Madacasgar soundtrack) (<——-yes, my fav workout song)
- Good Feeling (Flo Rida)
- Paralyzer (Finger Eleven)
- All I Do Is Win (DJ Khaled)
- SOS (Rihanna)
[It ends up being around 50 minutes long]
Truth was, when I got home I actually felt like instantly passing out, but I knew I needed dinner (and Torrance reminded me 100 times that he was starving).
Chicken and cheese quesadilla it was, with black beans on the side of course!
Dipped in plain Chobani yogurt and the lettuce and tomato I sort of threw on top and ate with the quesadilla because I felt guilty for not including vegetables! 😉
Random Friday is taking a break this week! With the busy birthday week I just didnt get a chance to gather all my random thoughts together in an organized fashion! So I figured this would be a good opportunity to recap last month here on the blog (which I have been doing for the last few months as well).
January Recap Linkup
- We rang in the New Year in a very mellow fashion this year
- My goals for 2012 were shared
- I had an intense treadmill race with a
pain in the assneighbor
- I confessed that I use being Italian an excuse for a lot of my ….behaviors.
- I did a “serious” post on motivation, inspiration, and goals.
- We went to Myrtle Beach for Torr’s work and I danced and had literal shots of Jell-O.
- I confessed and shared my issues with my chaotic messiness with you guys
- We finally got a washer and dryer
- I solicited your guys’ help for new snack ideas – and we later took a stroll down childhood snack memory lane together!
- It was decided that my dog really does resemble a dinosaur
- Discovered and shared my new favorite go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe – and also shared a really good (easy) marinade recipe
- We talked about the importance of calcium….
- ….and also how I need to cut back on starchy foods
- And my favorite post of the month – I let you guys into my kitchen to check out my grocery staples!
Have a great day!
- Any new (or even old) fitness gear you are lovin’ lately?
- Share a song you are lovin’ to workout to right now!
- Plans for the weekend?
We will probably head to Torrance’s uncles on Sunday for Super Bowl festivities & then I need to try to get to the mall this weekend to use up some gift cards that are burning a hole in my pocket 😉