A Day In The Life
Whew….yesterday when I walked into training I knew it was going to be a good one. Why you ask?
Just our warm up consisted of 50 squats and 40 reverse lunges, and 40 split jumps. And then on to the good stuff.
Push ups on the bosu ball (ew!), lateral overhead press with dumbbells (one of my favs), fast rows with resistance bands, and squat jumps using the TRX straps (like below with a jump at the top).
And of course some more. Plus, they were all minute long stations. Phew! Definitely a good one.
Afterwards, I decided to keep dinner simple, something fool-proof that just couldn’t go wrong . Tacos!
I had someone ask me the other day if I found it difficult to workout at night. Honestly, I have never really been one to workout in the morning – simply because I’m not really a morning person. Though the best part of working out the morning in my opinion, is the fact that it is done with for the day and you don’t have to worry about something coming up and not being able to do it. It’s done and out of the way!
Luckily I have a pretty open schedule lately so the timing works out well, though it does leave me a little exhausted at night sometimes. It had me thinking – I seriously don’t know how moms that work full-time jobs do it! My dog is enough work as it is!
So I present to you: A [week]Day In The Life.
- 6:30 – alarm goes off for Torrance. I yell at him to get up and hit snooze
- 6:40 – alarm goes off again to make sure he’s up, he is…back to sleep!
- 7:15 – alarm goes off for me. SNOOZE.
- 7:25– alarm goes off again. Fine. I turn it off and check my email from my phone in bed, usually with a brown dog foot jabbing me in the ribs.
- 7:35– Get up and bring dog outside for her morning walk. Lookin’ fresh with PJs, frizzy hair, smeared makeup (because for some reason I am always too lazy to wash my face at night), and ripe breath.
- 7:45 – 8:20 – stand in my closet staring blankly for about 5 minutes before getting in the shower and then getting ready for work.
- 8:15– feed the dog and make some sort of breakfast for myself and finish up my blog post (usually I start it the night before) and do some blog stalking.
- 8:30-8:40ish – leave and drive the 3 minutes to work, bitching at the school bus I always get stuck behind most of the way and day dream about how cool I would be if I drove a scooter/moped to work .
- 8:45ish – arrive at work and text Torrance that I need a scooter/moped. He used to reply “why?” and then it turned into “no,” and now he just doesn’t respond. Spend the first 5-10 minutes at the office filling up my water, situating my desk, booting up my computer, and eating my breakfast.
- 9:00-530 – spend the day working and eating an array of snacks throughout the day. A typical day usually involves me spilling something on myself or my desk. So that is always fun.
- Lunch hour sometime during the afternoon – usually spent running some sort of errand (bank, pharmacy, grocery store, buying dog food, whatever) and then home to bring Kona out and make lunch. I always bring lunch back to work with me and eat it at my desk. Sometimes I stop somewhere and grab lunch (like yesterday, I stopped at Subway!)
- 5:30 – shut down my computer promptly at 5:30 on the dot (yeah, yeah) and jet home. Usually on my way home I wave to the well dressed guy with no teeth that stands on the corner of the crossroads with a grocery cart full of household things. I know he looks forward to this every day as much as I do.
- 5:45– Change into my workout gear and then bring the dog out for a short walk, unless Torrance is already home (rarely) to do so for me. And then do some sort of cleaning or prep for dinner.
- 6:15– head out the door to go to training. It is right across the street but I like to show up early to do a little warm up on my own.
- 6:30-7:30 – Workout and sweat. A LOT. And feel like I may die sometimes.
- 7:30ish – get home and sometimes take 10 minutes to walk up the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment and then collapse on the couch to relax for a few and catch up with Torrance before making diner.
- 7:40-8:30ish – cook dinner, eat (on my couch because I still don’t have a frickin’ table), socialize with Torrance, and then clean up dinner and I always wipe my counter tops down really good because I am weird. And then give Torrance a good argument of why he should let the dog out instead of me (usually my argument is “I already did it 3 times today!”)
- 8:30 – 9ish – lay around watching TV and working on blog post for the next day. Typically I head to bed around 9:30-10 but stay up on my computer or watching TV. And if I get sucked into a good show I am usually up until 12. Hate that!
I am usually exhausted by the end of the day, so like I said – I don’t know how working moms do it! And quite honestly, I don’t even know how I functioned when I worked 2 jobs and did school for almost four years. Maybe I was crazy. Yes, probably.
So there you have it, a day in the life!
- What is a little part of your daily routine you could not do without (besides the obvious like eating, going to work, etc)?
I have to wipe my counters down really good every night. It’s just a weird thing I do.
- What time do you wake up during the week? Do you and your significant other wake up at the same time?