Movie Marathon, Snow, & Pork Chops
Welp, it snowed last night!
My first un-Alaskan snow. That was taken early this morning and it is pretty much gone now except for some grassy spots.
Nonetheless, I have to go into work of course.
With the snowy weather, I needed a warm breakfast. Egg sandwich to the rescue – I didnt even have one egg sandwich last week at all, so it was missed!
Yesterday’s “not leaving the house plan” was successful. And I even did a short run which honestly I just wasnt that into. I did a mile and called it quits. Lame I know, but better than nothing!
I also watched a total of THREE movies yesterday. Yes three.
The Rum Diaries, with Johnny Depp. It was a typical crazy Johnny Depp movie. It was hard to follow because in my opinion it just wasnt a very good plot. It semi reminded me of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
I also watched Speed because Torrance insisted I was crazy for never seeing it. Ah, a young, classic Sandra Bullock.
And I finally got to watch Breaking Dawn! Finally! And I must say, I was pretty disappointed. In my opinion the movies’ sort of ruined the books for me already anyway (the first movie was just awful…plus I am not a Kristen Stewart fan in general). But of course I had to see it. It was just a little too weird for me, though I have to admit I am excited for the last part now!
In between that movie marathon I decided to make something a little different for dinner.
I’m not really a big pork chop eater (or pork in general really) but I picked some up for a recipe I wanted to try, just to have something a little different.
I changed the recipe below a tad bit from how I actually prepared them because the top of mine didnt get very crispy, so next time I make it I will use croutons so it is crisp. I used a fresh piece of bread which turned a little mushy on top of the jelly.
If you are interested here is the quick preparation for these babies:
Crispy Apricot Pork Chops
Yield: 2 pork chops
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 pork chops (can use bone in or boneless- I used boneless)
- salt & pepper
- apricot jelly (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray cookie sheet/baking pan with nonstick spray (I always line my pan with foil and spray that for easier clean up!)
- Put croutons into food processor (I used my Magic Bullet blender instead) to grind into crumbs. Add olive oil and re-grind to moisten.
- Salt and pepper both sides of pork chops and place on baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of apricot jelly on tops of each chop.
- Cover each with bread crumbs and press lightly so they stick
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
So simple and very good! I served mine alongside some cous cous, steamed asparagus, and sliced tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette.
Have a good Monday! I will be heading to training tonight to get a good workout in.
- Have you had snow this winter?
- Pork chops… yay or nay?
- If you are a Twilight fan, which one of the movies (so far) was your fav? Which was your least fav? What about the books?
My favorite of the movies was Eclipse (also my fav of the books) and least fav of the movies was the first one, it was just put together horribly plus they skipped some stuff from the book it seems like. My least fav of the books was New Moon (the 2nd one) and I actually weirdly preferred that movie over that book.