Late Night Snacking
I loved reading about everyone’s favorite cereals yesterday! It is definitely evident that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is/was a popular favorite!!
Also, I’m happy to hear that I’m not the only one that doesn’t really get yoga!
Last night I actually ended up not going to training. I’m not sure if it is allergies or what but I’ve been feeling a little under the weather over the past few days, specifically, a really stuff nose.
I don’t know about you guys but I have a hard time doing a hard workout when my nose is completely stuffed up because I get really extra winded only being able to breathe out of my mouth!
So, since I have nothing good fitness-related for you guys, I figured I’d share some good eats over the last few days – I have been majorly slacking in that department I know.
Oh, and I havent had my camera on me, so get ready for some semi-grainy iPhone pics
Let’s start with lunch yesterday.
My boss has been raving about these taco salads at the Greek Café that I love. I know… taco salad at a Greek restaurant. Anyway, I had him pick up one of them for me at lunch and it was huuuuuge.
It was so good! grilled and seasoned chicken, lettuce and mixed greens, cheese, tomatoes, green peppers, and sour cream on top. They served ranch on the side (ew) but next time I will just ask for a little extra sour cream and call it good! And the shell that they used for the bowl – SO GOOD! And it is actually baked instead of fried so that’s a plus!
Then, since I ate lots of veggies and lunch, I gave into my weird craving for spaghetti at dinner– ok it’s not that weird, I mean I havent had spaghetti in a couple weeks.
I always use angel hair for my spaghetti It’s the best.
Also, the other night I tweeted about my awesome “mock” dessert! A Deep chocolate VitaTop with a scoop of Edy’s french vanilla frozen yogurt on top?….Best. Thing. Ever. Usually I don’t like “fake” desserts – as in if its not a REAL brownie with ice cream on top it’s just not the same – but this was definitely splurge worthy and I didn’t feel gypped like I was being cheated out of true desserty goodness!
In other food-related things…. Since I have taken my trainers advice to cut down my meal sized and include more snacks – my eating looks a lot like this on a typical workday:
- Breakfast around 8:30 – usually a banana sandwich, egg sandwich, oatmeal, etc. (and coffee)
- Snack at 10:30-11ish – usually an Apple Cinnamon Chobani or some kind of fruit (frozen strawberries, grapes, orange, etc)
- Lunch around 1 – usually a salad, or sandwich, something with veggies.
- Another afternoon snack usually around 4. What I eat depends if I will be going to training or not that day. If I am going to training I typically have a protein or Luna bar, if not I will just eat more fruit or string cheese, etc.
- Dinner 7-8ish – again depending on if I go to training or not. Usually a protein, veggies, and some kind of carby deliciousness.
- Sometimes I eat a delicious dessert like above if I have a sweet tooth (drooool)
So… the issue is, obviously I’m eating something every few hours now – which is awesome and has helped a lot! But now, as I am getting ready for bed or laying in bed, I get hungry around 10-11. And I don’t mean like “man I could go for a snack” kind of hungry, I mean like my stomach is actually growling. I know that is probably a good thing meaning my metabolism is hard at work.
I have never been a night snacker, ever, until I started eating a lot more consistently like this – which definitely makes sense, but it is almost a little annoying when I’m trying to fall asleep.
So, what to eat that late?
I usually eat toast or a small bowl of cereal (Raisin Bran or Honey Nut Cheerios).
So tell me…
- How often you eat throughout the day?
- Do you snack at night? If so, what do you eat?
- Is there any point during the day that you are actually really hungry (stomach growling and all)?