Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
All those patterns of my shirt, coffee cup, and lunchbox in one picture should wake you up nicely.
That is my 3rd coffee in my hand by the way… thus my neurotic face. I think this picture should be my new “Welcome-to-my-blog picture” I think it introduces me nicely.
And I just have to add in that these fake ice cubes are genius.
They are the best for any kind of mixed drinks (i.e. my coffee) so it doesnt get all watered down – plus, they are dishwasher safe.
I still need to try freezing coffee into ice cubes to use that in my mixed iced coffees. Yes, just what I need – more coffee.
Anyway, I am sore today. Training was pretty interesting last night just in the fact that our usual trainer was gone yesterday so he had someone else leading our group. It is another trainer that does one-on-one sessions there – he is a powerlifter though I believe, so he doesnt do a lot of the “functional” training that we do.
Our usual trainer put together our circuit for the day ahead of time and basically this guy guided us through them and led the group, watched our form, etc. I felt like I worked out harder, I think because it was just someone new. Which is sort of weird.
Either way, it was a good sweaty one.
So, those muffins I mentioned….
I cant take credit for these. I found them on Pinterest… and they go back to this lovely lady’s blog. I find myself pinning a lot of her recipes and perusing her blog on the regular! I definitely recommend checking it out for some amazing inspiration!
But the thing that attracted me to this muffin, is it looked so damn cute…and I love bananas of course.
I made a few tweaks to the recipe. Her recipes don’t ever need tweaking by the way, I just wanted to play around a little to my own taste of course! You can view Annie’s original recipe here if interested!
The thing I love about these are that they are so simple, so moist, and don’t have a ton of sugar. The texture is just amazing, and they arent “too oatmeal-ly” if that makes sense.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Yield: 18 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 7 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 mashed over-ripe bananas (2 if they are large bananas)
- 6oz plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep muffin tin(s) with paper liners.
- In small bowl, mashed bananas and set aside (I use a fork to mash)
- In medium bowl; stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon with fork.
- In a large mixing bowl; using whisk or fork, combine remaining ingredients until smooth. Gradually add in dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.
- After completely cooled, top with a little peanut butter and sliced banana if desired. A little extra cinnamon gives it a little extra touch too.
Have a good Tuesday!
- What is your favorite pattern (plaid, stripes, polka dots, paisley etc)?
I like stripes, but big boobs and stripes dont really go together!
- Favorite type/flavor of muffin?
I love apple or blueberry!
- What was/will be your workout today?
Nothing for me today, day off…besides taking the dog on a long walk tonight.