A Look At What’s In My Gym Bag
I loved hearing all of your feedback on yesterday’s post! Sounds like you guys thoroughly enjoy when I embarrass myself…. good to know you guys are all waiting on edge for more ridiculous stuff to happen to me! Haha.
Well, the good news is I actually made it to training last night. I have to make it three times this week since things have been hectic, the timing just hasnt worked the last few weeks and I have only been making it two times and it’s just not enough (though it is better than nothing!)
We did a lot of upper body last night including kettlebell swings, push ups, pushup with a dumbbell chest press, and a couple different shoulder moves with the resistance bands. I feel it today, and it burns so good.
When I got home it was dinner time. Torrance had pulled all the stuff out for taco makings… I think it was a hint. As I have mentioned before his taco style and mine are a little different (he likes hard shell with ground beef – or in last night’s case,ground turkey) and I prefer chicken or shrimp in a soft tortilla.
Since I didnt feel like cooking two types of meat (lazy) I just went along with his hard shell option. As I was assembling my tacos, I realized that I think that is the first time I have had a hard shell taco since… maybe when I was a little kid or something. Weird.
Either way, it was a delicious change-up for me – though I still prefer the soft taco version hands down!
As I had mentioned before, with this training program, I have the option to go 5:30 – 6:30 or 6:30 – 7:30. Since I get off work AT 5:30 I typically go home and let the dog out, etc and change and then head to training at 6:30. Which leaves me getting home at 7:30. Not a big deal since the gym, my house, and my work are all within 2 miles of each other.
Anyway, I have actually been leaving work 5-10 minutes early a few days (since they kindly dont seem to care) so that I can make it to the 5:30 training instead.
Since that is the case, I have been packing a gym bag again to change when I get there. I actually havent had to pack a gym bag for quite a while, so I thought it would be fun to share what I tote along with me.
So whats in the bag?
For starters – my workout attire of course!
- Shorts (and spandex for underneath) – I actually prefer to wear capris or running tights while working out but it has been so hot I have finally gotten used to wearing shorts all the time.
- Sports bra – I have a few favorites, but I am really loving the Moving Comfort brand lately
- Shirt – I rarely workout in tank tops (unless I’m doing strictly cardio) and actually prefer a loose T-shirt
- My new favorite training shoes – NewBalance WT20’s (you can see my review of them here)
And then there is the small stuff….
- Hair ties – cant ever have enough of those!
- Tampons -gotta be prepared!
- Deodorant – I keep an extra stick in my gym bag at all times
- Chapstick – my lips get chapped after my workout sometimes
- My phone (since I use it as my iPod) & headphones – at training I dont use my headphones since he plays music over the loud speaker for the group, but we take turns making playlists so sometimes I hook mine up to use for the group
One thing not pictured (because I am currently out) is some Rolaids or Tums. Sometimes after a really hard workout I get heartburn so I like to have it handy!
Have a great Wednesday!
- Hard or soft shell for tacos?
- What is something always in your gym bag? Anything different than what I have?
- Do you prefer to workout in shorts or pants/caprs? Tshirt or tank top?