It’s Monday–And I Have Random Thoughts For You
Man did I have a much needed break this weekend….
I typically start the week out in an organized fashion – but I think the best way to do today’s post would be in a random numbered type way.
1. I have officially strayed off my eating plan. It happened kind of slowly and not really planned. I blame ADD yet again.
Saturday night I had popcorn at the movies…. then yesterday I ate cheese. It felt good to stop following so many rules. It is almost kind of exhausting following constant rules and always worrying and counting and being sure you are getting enough of this. And I HATE feeling hungry which I actually was surprised I did struggle with a little bit.
See, last night I ate regular bread…and a salad that had CHEESE!
I was trying to decide if I wanted to stretch it out another week (since the original plan was to make it two weeks) but I decided against it and that I am just going to watch what I eat but not in such a strict way.
Bottom line, I need more food but need to keep it healthy.
2. I went to the movie theater for the first time in over a year. On Saturday to get out of the house, we went to the movies. We had originally planned to see Avengers but instead decided to see “That’s My Boy” (the new Adam Sandler movie).
I mean with a movie like that, you kind of go in knowing what to expect since it’s an Adam Sandler. But it was all fun and I kind of like Andy Samberg
3. Last week was c-r-a-z-y. We were sprung with the news on Wednesday night at work that we would be getting a new boss! Crazy. Luckily, my new boss is someone that does the same thing right now and I have met him in the past and like him and all that but it is still a little sad. I have mixed feelings because I have the potential to make a little more money but I will really miss my current boss!
Along with this we are hiring someone new….actually I should say hired because she started the next day! I actually like having new people in the office but it was very last minute and I am the one training her, so it was hectic.
Oh and on top of that…..
4. We decided we are moving again. But it’s not that bad. We are only moving 2 buildings down and staying in the same apartment complex we’re in currently. We are just upgrading to a bigger apartment [quite a bit bigger] for only $100 more per month.
Since our friend that has been staying with us has decided to stay in NC it works out better for all of us expense-wise for him to stay with us. So we are upgrading so he can have his own room (since he is still sleeping in our sunroom…) and bathroom.
Plus, we will have a bigger living room, porch, kitchen, and even a bigger walk-in closet. I have mixed feelings because I HATE moving, but I really like the bigger apartment better, plus we will still be on the top floor (which I prefer) which in this building will only be the 2nd story rather than the 3rd so less stairs to schlep up everyday and rather than our stairs being shared on the outside they are a private stairway on the inside of the apartment so it is setup more like a townhouse/condo.
This will all be going down in about a month from now…..
5. Alaska. I don’t think I have mentioned this on the blog, but we are supposed to be going back to Alaska at the end of July. We have known this for a little while because we are going back for Torrance’s dad’s wedding.
I am torn about this because we will only be able to stay about 4 days (but it takes about a day of traveling to get there and back) and it is CRAZY expensive for only 4 days (around $2000 for us both to fly). But I am excited to see people of course.
Long story short we just arent really ready to go back for a visit yet, or shell out that amount of money for such a short time….but obviously this is important. We are still deciding if I am going to go or not (Torrance has to because he’s in the wedding)… but we need to make up our minds and books tickets because it is a month away so I’m stressed about that.
So to all my Alaska friends… if I don’t come we will just have to FaceTime more.
6. Wine, lots of wine. Last week was not a great week for me to not be eating lots of carbs and drinking lots of wine So….. I just made up for it this weekend and got my wine on in a serious way.
That ^ is my new favorite right now. $10 bottle of Riesling = true love.
7. I still don’t understand Instagram. It is like a picture version of Facebook or Twitter? Like you have a feed? I don’t understand how to use it, so maybe I have issues. This makes more sense of why it has so much hype though.
At first I thought people just used it as a picture editor which I never understood because there are so many better picture editing apps out there. (I like Camera+ or iPhoto if you’re an iPhone user).
8. I want this.
….yes, the new MacBook Pro with Retina display. Have you seen this thing? It is amazing. Well, I am a technology nerd so other people probably could give a shit.
I have said it before, but I currently don’t have a Mac for my computer but want one like crazy. I just cant justify spending the money on one until I need a new computer. Especially since that baby starts at around $2,200. Phew.
Okay, I feel better now.
I will feel extra good after going to training tonight, and then back to feeling normal tomorrow hopefully!
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend, and is ready for Monday to kick off!
- Last movie you saw in the theater?
- Favorite Adam Sandler movie (if any)?
Billy Madison or Big Daddy.
- Are you an Instagram user?
- Tell me something random that is bugging you or that you need to get off your chest. (It feels good, promise).