Soft Peanut Butter Banana Protein Cookies
Morning! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.
I spent mine getting my life in order.
Haha, wouldn’t that be funny if that was all it took? But really, I cleaned my house and got things back to normal and I am feeling a little better. Coming out of summer more organized feeling after things haven been so chaotic.
Back to a more strict workout schedule, packing my lunch for work (I am sick of eating out), and long morning walks with brown dog.
Anyway, I mostly wanted to share this recipe with you guys. Inspired from this lovely ladies recipe.
These things are so good and would be great for breakfast! I plan on eating them as a pre-workout snack in the afternoons.
They are nice and soft inside, almost spongy, rather than some protein cookies I have had/made that are crumbly.
PB Banana Oat Protein Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen large cookies
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut or almond butter
- 6 oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp natural honey or agave
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder (I used the Visalus mix that I like)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup of nuts, if you’re into that sort of thing (I go without)
- about 1 cup of chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mash bananas so they are very mushy and smooth. Try to get out as many lumps as you can.
- Add peanut butter, apple sauce, vanilla, honey/agave, cinnamon, and protein powder and mix until very well combined and smooth. Get that nut butter mixed in there throughout!
- Add oats and mix well.
- Let dough sit for about 10 minutes. (This will let the oats set, etc)
- Drop spoonful’s onto baking sheet. Flatten into rounds (they pretty much keep this shape). Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press lightly into dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack.
Have a great day! I’m off to get ready for a long day! Workout tonight….wish me luck. I didn’t go at all last week so I’m sure I will be all clumsy and out of breath tonight!
- Do you like the peanut butter banana mixes?
- What was/will be your workout today?