Brain Dump Friday
- I am more than excited today because tomorrow morning I am leaving (on a jet plane <—- song reference) to go to California for a week to visit my long lost sister who I havent seen in 2 1/2 years. I am extra excited! I am actually really excited to see my dog-nephew also. He is getting old and we need to spend some quality time together.
- Speaking of which, I wonder how Torrance and Kona will survive. I can only hope they dont starve to death and also that they clean up after themselves hopefully.
- I am so sick of the news it isnt even funny.
- I am really excited because for my plane ride, I rented and downloaded Pitch Perfect to watch. I havent seen it yet.
- Also, I honestly really, really love airports. They are one of my favorite places.
- I have had a crazy intense urge to go on another cruise lately. The problem is just finding time.
- Confession: when I travel I have this mini little super soft micro fiber blanket that I bring with me because I have to have something really soft to sleep with like that. Torrance calls it my blanky but I refuse to refer to it as that, since I am like, a mature adult and everything.
- I recently realized that for the most part, the only casual shoes I own are flip flops. This has made it hard for my trip to Cali knowing I am going somewhere where I will be doing a lot of walking in non-summery weather. It forced me to go shopping.
- Speaking of shopping, I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans (ever). I am not built for skinny jeans (trust me, it is quite the sight) but I needed them strictly for wearing with boots.
- I read a finance article the other day (because I am a 50 year old man like that) and it said that the recommended emergency fund savings is now 6 months worth of your income, or at the least – your living expenses. Is that realistic? The recommended used to be 3 months and I think that was even a stretch for most normal people.
- I have a really long post I have been working on forever about losing a loved one. It actually has a lot of “information” (general info, not personal info) in it. Maybe someday soon I will share it with you guys.
- Lately I have been loving following along with two particular Canadian ladies’ blogs and all their amazing travel pictures. Corinne is in Hungary and Liz is in New Zealand (but has been in Australia the last year) and their pictures are just so cool.
- There are so many cool things on Pinterest, but in all honestly I actually get secretly annoyed with all the “home remedy” pins. They seem to be taking over lately. Make your own laundry detergent. Make your own soap. Make your own kitchen cleaner. How to clean your floor. Make some lotion. Make your own toilet paper. I dont even know why but they dont interest me one bit and I feel like people are like “oh cool” and they pin it and really have no intention of ever doing it. Okay, I know that is the point of Pinterest just to find cool things, but whatever. Okay, rant over.
- Since my eating detox, I have seriously cut my cheese intake in half (or more?) which for me, is an amazing accomplishment.
- This picture pretty much sums up my week:
I especially love the old man in the jogging suit. He reminds me of Clint Eastwood.
Have a grrrrrrreat Friday! You will see some intermittent posts next week while I am away 😉
- Give me one of your random thoughts for the day/week/whatever. It’ll make ya feel goooood.
- Do you enjoy looking at travel pictures?
- What is a food you feel like you need to cut back on right now?