Since I have been a little distant from the ol’ blog lately (that bitch) Ifeel like things have been kind of impersonal… And I dont like that.
So, in order to have a little reconnection up in here, I figured it would be a good opportunity to do a confession session. Yes… obviously tellin gyou guys a bunch of dum things about me is the best way to do that (duh).
So; these are my confessions.
Laugh now… you have secrets too.
- I bite and pick at my cuticles non stop. Its gross. And annoying, but I can’t stop.
- I’m addicted to multi tasking. If that is a real thing, I am exhibit A. I can’t just be doing one thing, I’m always doing at least two things at once. I’m high strung.
- I have this weird thing where I wake up every night at 4:30 in the morning to pee, and while I am doing that, I pluck my eyebrows… ya know check for stray hairs.
- I went through a phase when I was little where I was OBSESSED with peanut butter and MINT jelly sandwiches. Yes, the kind of mint “jelly” you buy for stuff like lamb.
- When I was in 6th grade I used to wear blue mascara and wear my hair in pigtail buns on the top of my head like almost everyday (Scary Spice style). EMBARASSING. Thankfully there are no pictures of that monstrosity. Okay, back off – I was like 11.
- I think that Bohemian Rapsody (by Queen) is one of the most brilliant songs. Ever.
- My attendance was so bad in high school that I got two warnings that I would automatically be “withdrawn” if I didn’t start coming more. But… I graduated with honors (extra credits) so eat THAT North Pole High School!
- Which leads me to a funny story: when I sent my resume to my now boss in NC to apply for the job here, one of the first things he asked me (or verified) during my interview was that I did actually graduate high school. He said “I’m not gonna lie, but I kind of thought you were bullshitting it when you put on your resume that you graduated from North Pole High School.”
- One of my favorite smells ever is 2-stroke exhaust. Half of you probably don’t even know what that is, but if you could bottle it and make it into a perfume I’d wear that shit… and my milkshake would bring all the boys to the yard.
- I have a HUGE appetite. I am actually like a bottomless pit and could eat for days… and would if I knew my ass and thighs wouldn’t take over my body. It is actually maybe a miracle that I don’t weigh over 200 lbs already?
- I am a horrid dancer but I do it anyway because its fun. Besides when I get all wasty pants, then I become an amazing dancer. So crazy how that works – its like magic, yeah?
- I, Andrea – domestic goddess herself – never did a load of laundry until I was 18. Seriously, when I moved out into my first very own studio apartment I had to have Torrance come over and teach me how to use the washer and teach me the laundry-doing techniques. (I do all of our laundry now, if you’re wondering).
- I’m not friends with any of my “childhood friends” anymore. We all kind of split up and went our own ways in high school.
- I don’t have my ears pierced. But I do have my belly button pierced.
- I have pretty much looked exactly the same since I was 14. Not kidding, I’ve gained weight since then, but otherwise. I pretty much look the same.
- Speaking of which… I have never changed the color of my hair. I’ve had highlights a couple times, but thats it.
- Oh… and I started getting grey hair when I was 16 (so yes, I do dye it… but I just dye it my natural color to cover the greys).
- I have a weird phobia of having my armpits touched. I cannot stand it and it makes me feel really vulnerable when I hug… like people are going to know this and karate chop my armpit or something. That is ridiculous. And I just laughed out loud at myself.
- I pretty much grew up in a bar. My parents owned a restaurant/bar and I spent a ridiculous amount of time there.
- I hate smart cars. I think they are the most horrid things ever and that people should have to wear helmets when they are driving or riding in them… kind of like motorcyclers do.
- Speaking of cars – I have always driven SUVs or trucks and own my first car just recently. It is a huge car though… baby steps.
- I maaaay have went through a phase where I loved Vanilla Ice (I was like 12, okay?). (Lindsey, I can’t believe you didn’t invite me)
- I have tried smoking a cigarette twice in my life and for some reason they are vivid memories (probably because it was so horrid). Once when I was like 10 my babysitter let me have a drag off of hers so she could show me how awful it was and to never start. Good technique 16 year old babysitter.. cuz that shit worked! And another time in high school… my best friend smoked for a while and I wanted to see if it was still disgusting. YEP. It was.
- There are a lot of people (and some fam) that still don’t know about my blog. I just never got around to telling them, and they probably don’t really care anyway.
- I am really proud of my teeth. That’s weird I know but they are oddly straight (without braces) and the only work I have ever had to have done is I got a sealant on one of my back teeth one time. I have a tiny little chip in my front tooth too but you can’t really tell.
- I can’t stand when people say things like “totes!” “adorbs!” or “obvi!” As in: “Oh-EM-GeE- Becky! That shirt it totes adorbs!” and then Becky is all like: “Obvi, Kelly! I totes have awesome style!” Yeah, dislike.
- Okay, you’re only allowed to ask me a question about ONE of these.
- Which one of the above was the most surprising or ridiculous to you?
- YOUR TURN. Gimme a confession. It feels gooooood. Promise.