Two Things For You – A Deal & An Easy Stir Fry Recipe!
Well…. now that you guys know all my dirty deets, I feel like things are normal up in here again.
So since you guys stuck around after you read how weird I am, I have two marvelous things for you today. Yes, it is like a Thursday miracle.
I made it up.
Anyway, first things first: a fun deal!
You guys obviously know my love for Kohl’s. Well, sometimes when I go into the store I find stuff I love but they don’t have my size. Kind of typical or me at a lot of stores because for the most part I am sort of a typical size. So if I am like, really in love with it, I of course check on their website for the item because 95% of the time they have my size in stock online. Boom. Happy.
WELL, make sure you check out their deals page if you are shopping online. They always have cool stuff going on, and I hate missing out on good deals. Like right now, you get $10 Kohl’s Cash back for every $50 you spend. (I got $20 in Kohl’s Cash from my purchase over the weekend!)
And then on top of that, I have another discount code for you guys if you shop online! At checkout you can use BLOG10 (good through May 10th!) for an additional 10% off; and the best part is you can use it WITH other discounts. How often do places let you do that?! Yeaaaaah!
I just bought the workout capris I wanted that they didn’t have in the store:
And also added a pair of Lauren Conrad heels to my shopping cart online:
…and only paid a total of $32 (and $6 of that was shipping). I mean heels, working capris, and shipping for $32? Obviously I am happy with that. Don’t worry, I don’t plan to wear them together (duh).
Okay, okay… onto the next….
The second marvelous thing I have for yo today is a recipe.
So, last week’s new recipe of the week was a super easy-squeezy stir fry with a few simple ingredients.
The good part about this is it is one of those things you can whip together super fast after work – and it’s way filling! And what I like about this one, is it is super flavorful and a little on the sweet side thanks for the honey!
Also, as you have probably guessed since it is included in most of my recipes, I love garlic. And there is such a huge difference between using fresh garlic. But, I recently discovered this stuff which I love. It saves some of the time and hassle out of peeling and washing garlic cloves.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: about 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2tbsp of of cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- 2 chicken breasts
- large bunch of broccoli cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 1 pouch of Uncle Ben’s rice (I used Jasmine rice)
- In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, and the juice of half the lemon. Mix well so that honey is dissolved.
- Cut chicken breasts into large cubes and lightly salt and pepper. Place chicken into soy/honey mixture and set aside to let marinate for about 15 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, lightly steam broccoli, either in microwave or in pan with a little bit of water until somewhat soft.
- Cook rice per packaging instructions, set aside.
- Heat medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Once pan is nice and hot, add the entire chicken and marinade mixture. Stir frequently until chicken is cooked through (about 2-3 minutes).
- Once chicken is cooked, add broccoli and cornstarch mixture (to thicken sauce) and let simmer for another minute.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
- Do you shop online more often, or in the store? What do you prefer?
I definitely prefer online, but lately I’ve really been having to try stuff on first.
- What are some of your favorite stir fry mixtures? (what kind of meats/veggies)
- Garlic: do you use fresh or do you use the “jar” kind?