Easy Peasy Baked Lemon Shrimp
I love shrimp.
And lately I have been using lemon a ton for flavor. I use them a lot on/with my veggies too. It is just such an easy (healthy) way to add flavor.
I also love dinners that take me like, not long to cook.
Thus the lemon-garlic shrimp in the oven.
My gif making skills are about as good as my general picture-taking skills (as in… not great).
But back to the shrimp…. Easy! And yes this recipe uses real butter (gasssssssp!)
Baked Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
- 1/2 pound of large shrimp (if frozen, thaw)
- 2 large lemons
- 3 tbsp butter
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare baking sheet by lining with foil for easy clean up! (I use a cookie sheet WITH sides – could also use a casserole dish)
- Place butter on baking sheet and place in oven for a minute or 2 until melted. Remove from oven and disperse melted butter over pan evenly.
- Prepare shrimp as needed – remove shell (and tail if desired), devein, rinse with cool water, and pat dry.
- Slice lemons (about 1/2 cm thick slices) and spread lemons evenly on pan over melted butter. Place shrimp on lemon slices and then sprinkle heavily with garlic powder and a little black pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 8 minutes (shrimp will be pink and firm when done).
I suggest serving the shrimp still on the lemon slice for extra lemony deliciousness! When the lemons are baked like that they get extra flavorful and soft and juicy!
- What is something that you use often to “add flavor?”