The Return of Random-Ass Friday!
(it just sounds better with the “ass” in there)
#1 – I ordered the coolest thing yesterday.
An Erin Condren life planner.
I found the site through another blogger and it was just awesome, so make sure you check it out.
Along with the awesome life planners there are tons of other adorable personalized things like address labels, notebooks, etc.
I am a super tech-savvy person for the most part, but I like to have a written out calendar too because I’m a weirdo. The life planners at the site are AWESOME because you can personalize them so much (and they are adorable) and there are a lot of add ons that can be thrown in.
#2- This is going to be a tough weekend.
For once I am not excited it is Friday.
We will be spending this weekend in Tampa to move Torrance’s grandma up here to NC.
It’s hard to go over all this without going into too much detail, but the short of it is, after his mom passing away, his grandma is alone down there and that just isnt cool, so we are moving her up here to NC so she is near family (her son, Torrance’s uncle lives here too of course which is the big thing).
This is going to be difficult for a couple reasons-
- Grandma is difficult in general, I’m not gonna lie, haha. Like, really difficult. We love her dearly, but I may be drinking a lot of wine this weekend.
- We are super limited on time. The 3 of us (me, Torr, and his uncle) are leaving tomorrow at 4am and driving down with a big ol’ cargo trailer to load up her stuff and driving back Monday. Our plan was to load everything up and head back. This has been about 8 months in the works and turns out grandma hasnt packed a thing so now we have a day and a half to pack AND load.
- The house. This is the part that is difficult (and maybe a little confusing to explain haha). But the short version is that the house grandma is living in (and has lived in for the last 8 years) is actually Torrance’s mom’s house. When his mom had gotten remarried she moved in with her husband and moved grandma into her house so grandma had a nice place to live. So basically though, Torrance has some childhood memories there and that’s tough. It was hard going through his mom’s apartment after she passed because all of her THINGS were there (she had been living in an apartment the last few years after her divorce) but sadly the way everything turned out Torrance wont be keeping the house and he feels bad about it and letting those memories go from when his mom lived there and he spent the summers there with her.
The good thing is, this is sort of the last piece to closure after his mom passing so it will be good to get it behind us.
#3- I feel so out of routine!
And we all know I’m a creature of habit. Between Nashville, the beach, and this coming weekend; I am feeling a little out of whack. Definitely not complaining (especially not about the beach!) because I enjoy traveling, but giiiiiiiirl, I am so ready to get back into a normal routine.
Somehow I have managed to squeeze in at least 3 workouts a week, for my sanity – woo hoo!
#4- Pumpkin… seriously….
First off, I am not ready for summer to end yet. But also, I am already dreading the overuse of pumpkin. Dont get me wrong, I like it, but its about to get all crazy up in here (i.e. the internet exploding with pumpkin recipes, scents, and coffee).
#5- Am I an extreme optimist?
I consider myself an optimist and a bit of a realist. I mean shit, we all complain (okay, I have been known to be a cynic at times also) but lately I feel like I have been seeing so much negativity and some people in my life have been going through hard times lately also so there has just been some negativity in general so I am finding myself giving out constant reassurance, encouragement, and general good things. It makes me feel good of course that there is a possibility I can help someone through a hard time, but sometimes I wonder if I overdo it? Can you overdo optimism? haha…
#6- My battle wounds are healing.
I forgot to include this fun little story in my beach post earlier this week.
So if you arent aware, I am pretty terrified of the ocean for the most part (the things in it). But I have been doing pretty good lately. I was pretty brave at the beach last week playing in the water and such actually (I just high fived myself).
Well when we were playing around in the water Torr sort of acted weird for a second and then took off toward the short pretty quick and I heard him say something like he got stung by a jellyfish. So I was all…. “AHhhHHhhhhh” and started trying to haul ass out of the water (see, wuss). Well I turned around (and he was already on the beach now) to try to hurry out and a pretty good sized wave came up behind me and knocked me on my ass. As I was going down the water had grabbed my swimsuit bottoms and ripped them down quite a bit, so when I hit the ground I skidded across the bottom on my BARE ASS under water RIGHT where all the shells were washed up.
So basically I had shell burn all over my ass and back of my thighs all week. It was tender. Luckily it is finally almost all the way gone.
I have been obsessed with reading this summer. Ever since I started reading on the iPad I go through books like crazy since you can just so easily find new ones and download them.
I must have read 30 books this summer. I think I am going to do up a big post about a bunch of them. For the most part, they were almost all the…..yummy… kinds, if you know what I mean.
That’s all I got for ya today!
- Do you consider yourself an optimist, pessimist, or realist? Or a mix between any of them?
- What are you up to this weekend? Tell me about how fun it will be so I can live vicariously through you to make it through this weekend 🙂
- Are you one of those people who is “ready” for summer to be over?