My Thoughts For Today
by Andrea @ Andrea out loud! on November 6, 2013
- I cannot believe it is November already. This year has actually flown by. I’m pretty excited about the New Year though because 2014 is going to be a good one (and hopefully a little mellower than this year has been too).
- I havent started any Christmas shopping yet. Every year I say “I’m gonna start it early!”…. and then I dont.
- I am sad to share that Torrance’s sweet grandmother in Alaska passed away yesterday. I mentioned briefly when his grandpa (her husband) passed away in September, that she was ill also. I’m telling ya, tough year for that.
- I have noticed a good number of blogs that I follow(ed) have “said goodbye” lately (i.e. made the decision to stop blogging). Is it selfish that I am a little sad? And I wonder what those people are up to now! haha. I am weird because of that? I totally understand though. I mean shoooot, life is life. I mean really, I almost said goodbye this summer. I would have missed it though!
- Need a laugh today? Here ya go.
- I have become somewhat of a TV nerd lately. I have a hard time falling asleep kind of so usually the 2 hours before I do fall asleep I either A) watch Netflix or Hulu on my laptop in bed or B) read. I have realized I go back and forth between those 2 options every other month or so. I will go on a reading binge for like a month or two and then I will switch to watching some shows. Right now I am in TV mode. I of course just watched the first season of Orange is the New Black, and then Torrance and I (he rarely gets into TV series so that was a big deal) watched all of Breaking Bad from the beginning, and then I have been watching Modern Family, The Mindy Project, and The Goldbergs. Nerdy I know.
- I am in a dinnertime rut. I hate that, where I feel like I am eating the same dinners week after week. I need to re-implement my rule of adding one new thing into the rotation every week. Back to Pinterest (which I have been boycotting lately).
- I am ready for a Vacay. A real one, like not just a weekend trip. We were planning one for December to go visit my parents in Belize, but our schedules are so crammed we had a tiny one week window and decided just to put it off until Feb or March because it would have felt really rushed if we did it now. I am sad, but know it’s for the best; and at this rate, Feb/March will be here in no time anyway.
- I am sad that the day has come where I have enough grey hair where I cant just pluck them out here and there anymore and that I will have to color my hair more frequently. I suppose this day has been a long time coming since I have been getting grey hair since I was 16.
- Random thought: I cant decide if I love or hate social media. Honestly this should be its own whole post.
I mean for example, my Facebook page (personal one, I dont have one for the blog) is very private and I’m kind of selective on who I actually have as “friends” on there (which I know is ironic for someone who shares their life with strangers via a blog). Like acquaintances from high school? Or friends of friends who I dont know? I pass on them. I have to have known people personally and for the most part, liked them (haha). And if people annoy me, I typically just delete them (I cant stand nonstop political rants, or general stupidity, or tons of pics of kids pooping).
And then there are those awkward times where you feel obligated to keep someone even if they are annoying (i.e. family) so you just “hide” their stuff so you dont have to look at it. And I mean in all fairness, I would expect people to do the same if I bothered them, haha. But I mean there is just a lot of stupid shit that goes on there, yeah? And honestly, sometimes it is kind of entertaining, right? I mean dont even deny it, we all have those one or two people that are constantly posting their drama and it is soooo annoying but we cant quite bring ourselves to press that unfriend or hide button because it is just enough to keep us entertained.
Yeah, yeah, I am basically going straight to hell.
- I am excited for the holidays this year. As you may recall, last year’s holiday season was really rough for us (not to say this one wont still be hard) we didnt even have Thanksgiving since we were down in Florida handling things, and Christmas was just kind of… hard. So this year I think things will be kind of nice having Torrance’s dad and fam here and stuff.
It is kind of sad because I cant even remember the last time I spent the holidays with any of my family (it has been at least 6 years since none of us live near each other). I did get to have Thanksgiving with my sister a few years ago at least.
- When do you typically do your Christmas shopping? Are you a (smart) early shopper?
- Any TV shows you are into right now?
- Are the holidays a big family production for you? Or are they pretty mellow?