Aaaaand It’s Monday
by Andrea @ Andrea out loud! on December 2, 2013
- Sooo I had to make another trip to the ER Wed morning. It was pretty strange. Everything turned out to be fine but I woke up at 4am to my stomach covered in blood – looked like a murder scene (it was coming out my belly button) . Ironically enough, Wednesday afternoon I was supposed to have my post-op appointment, which once in the ER I ended up with the on call surgeon anyway from the same practice and all was good.
- I cannot believe it is December. I have bought two Christmas presents. That’s all. Which really, compared to usual I’m not behind. I’m kind of a December shopper anyway. Also, I was sad we werent able to get our Xmas tree this weekend, but itll happen one night this week. I havent started any decorating yet, though we did finally pull the decorations out of storage at least.
- Our Thanksgiving was good. I didnt take any pictures, mostly because I had other priorities – like getting food down my pie hole as fast as possible.
- Speaking of food, it is now dawning on me how sad I am that I cant really work out until January (I have to be careful with my hernia repair so it heals well). My gym bag is sad. Oh, and my ass is sad too.
- Which brings me to the next bit-o-fun. I have been contemplating over the last couple months about doing the AdvoCare cleanse (just the 10 day) just to sort of reset my system. I have heard good things about it as far as making you feel better, etc. I decided that NOW would be a really good time because I have a hard time staying on track and eating well when I’m not working out, so why not give it a whirl? (I will probably start it next week or so)
- I think it is time that I can say that I am officially acclimated to North Carolina. Good bye to my Alaska-cold-weather-toughness…. it has been in the high 20’s the last few mornings and I. am. freezing. The first winter I was here I hardly ever wore a jacket. And then last year, I wore a light jacket. But this year? This year I am bundled up in the morning when I have to take the dog out. Pathetic.
- I FINALLY got my hair done. Obviously I am super boring and low maintenance with my hair, but I didnt even fill you in on the last disaster. I have struggled with hair dressers since I have moved here. I had this one girl that was working out for a while until this last go around. If you are unaware I have a lot of grey hair and I get my hair colored pretty close to my natural dark brown. WELL, this girl last time botched it. How you can botch a solid color that is close to my natural color, I dont know. She basically died it black and missed a bunch of spots. I told her I was unhappy and she gave me [some] of my money back but I didnt want to deal with her anymore so I got a recommendation of a girl from my coworker but she happened to be out on leave so I waited it out until she got back. And while all the crazies were out shopping on black Friday I went to see her and she made things all better. I also cut 3 inches off. I am happy, and also happy that I finally found someone who is good and got my color right and even.
- I am thinking I probably wont do Xmas cards this year. I know that is lame of me but I just already feel crunched no time as far as pictures and sending them all out, etc. Yes, I am lazy and should probably just do it, even without pictures.
- Do you send Xmas cards every year? What do you include with them? – a pic? a personal message/letter/etc?
- Are you more of a cold weather person or hot weather person (which do you prefer)?
As someone who is always hot, I used to prefer a little cooler but now I LOVE the hot weather. I just love being able to wear flip flops all the time.